J&A Precision Engineering
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE SUPPLIES
All transactions for the supply of goods between J&A Precision Engineering of Bournemouth, England (hereafter called 'The Company'.) and their international trade customers (Whether in the retail or wholesale sectors of business) are entered into subject to the following criteria;
1. The company recommends a RRP based upon a thirty percent above the quoted trade price + any local trade tax which may be applicable to the trader (Hereafter called the 'dealer'). It is, of course, understood that the final retail will always remain competitive and will not be detrimental to the salability of the products supplied.
2. All goods supplied by J&A Precision Engineering are to be sold in the provided packaging unless otherwise previously arranged in accordance with J&A Precision Engineering.
3. Retail prices may vary in accordance with situations relevant to their own country this applies to state taxes only.
4. No Sale or Return on any J&A Precision Engineering product.
5. Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard or by Cheque or Postal Order to J&A Precision Engineering. All trade accounts must be settled at the end of each calendar month or thirty days from Invoice despatch date which J&A Precision Engineering and the Retail outlet make once a trading relationship is established. This must be settled thirty days from invoice date where applicable. No more goods will be despatched until payment is made. Accounts that are more than 7 days overdue will incur an interest charge to cover all bank charges at the standard rate applicable to the bank. All accounts to be settled at the end of each calendar month. All Items remain the property of J&A Precision Engineering until paid for in full. J&A Precision Engineering reserve the right to refuse credit when the company sees reason to do so.
6. All initial orders from trade customers must be settled in advance of despatch until a trading relationship has been established.
2. Payment terms are strictly Thirty Days net from the date shown on the relevant invoice and should be settled in £'s sterling. Settlements in any other currency must be agreed with the company prior to the despatch of order.
Payments to J&A Precision Engineering.
For International customers, payment to be made Visa -MasterCard or by Bankers Draft drawn on a London bank.
3. Returned goods.
If any item is found to be faulty upon arrival, in any way, it will be replaced. However should any part which is returned to the company have been modified, miss-treated or show any sign of use on more than one occasion, it will be deemed void of this guarantee and will not be replaced or credited.
4. If a part is to be replaced with a new item it should be returned to the company. Items should not be returned if:
a) They are no longer manufactured and for which no updated part is available.
b) Stock which becomes excess to the dealer's requirements (for any reason).
5. All orders must be made in writing and on the correct form supplied by the company. In certain cases (i.e. where goods are required urgently) telephone orders will be accepted, provided that the paperwork follows.
Any correspondence (orders, payments returns etc) should be sent to the following address
35 METHUEN ROAD: BOURNEMOUTH DORSET BH8 8ND UNITED KINGDOM
24hr telephone message service on 01202 (Area Code) 87 33 04 remember to prefix this with your international dialing code for the United Kingdom.
6. The price for any item shall be that ruling determined in the company's relevant price list at the date of dispatch of order. The company's prices are subject to revision without prior notice and the contract is only entered into on the understanding that it will be executed at the said price ruling on that completion date.
7. All orders will be dispatched by expressed airmail unless otherwise requested by the customer. Relevant charges for delivery, packing and insurance will be shown on the company's invoice. Optional services available: economy (service mail) or DHL.
The company can't take responsibility for any delays, which might occur in transit once orders have been dispatched.
a. The company cannot take responsibility for parcels lost or damaged in transit .It will be deemed the fault of the postal service.
8. The company cannot accept responsibility for any prototype work, which it may carry out on behalf of any customer who supplies it with incorrect information and /or drawings. In every case, the customer will remain liable for all such work, which is undertaken by the company.
9. The company reserves the right to amend or alter these terms or conditions as and when it is deemed necessary to do so. Appropriate written notification of any such changes will be issued accordingly.